Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Hopetails Revolution


Hopetails. "WTF are Hopetails?" you may be asking yourself, though probably not in acronym form. Hence the handy picture I have provided to go with this block of text. But why call them Hopetails? Well, my dear wee friend Hope Avelina, someone who is quite well known for wearing her hair in bunches, recently had the notion that "pigtails" is a rather ungainly name for said bunches, so decided to rename them "Hopetails".
Personally, I think that's a way better name than pigtails. Pigtails doesn't even make any sense. At least Hopetails are named after someone who actually wears the hairstyle.
And I'm not the only one who thinks changing the name from pigtails to Hopetails is a mighty fine idea. The Hopetails revolution has begun people, and is gaining momentum at a sprightly rate. Below are a series of examples of people's growing support for the movement.

First up is a strip & a picture by Christopher J. Paulsen, featuring characters from his comic Precocious:




The Below The Fold Collective has also lent its support to the movement, with Hopetails themed pictures from 3 of its members.
First up, here's a picture from KayLoveMeow, featuring Kris & Max, characters from her webcomic Art School Sub Rosa:


And here's a lovely sepia-toned pic from Hopeless artist/co-writer Tom Brown:


And one from Maxwell Vex. Having this picture posted in this journal isn't breaking down any fourth walls at all:


Further examples of Hopetails support are springing up on places such as twitter too.

And people are doing things with their hair.

I thought it would be a good idea to collate these various divergent examples (or, examples that I am so far aware of at least) in this journal, as I am quite a fan of the hairstyle myself as you may have noticed.
What can you do to lend your support? Well, merely referring to the hairstyle as Hopetails instead of pigtails will suffice. If you get any strange looks from your friends for doing so, just point them in the direction of this journal post. Or kick them in the crotch. Doing so will help make the world a slightly better place I'm sure. And with that, I shall leave the final bit of this journal entry to the lady herself.



☠ Chloé

2 comments:

  1. I've actually always been a fan of hopetails for quite some years, and I too never could relate them to pigs. I do believe they make sexy girls sexier.

    P. S.: I thought pigs just rolled around in mud, to help cooling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno about pigs in the wild, but for domestic pigs in pens rolling around in other things besides mud is pretty much unavoidable...

    ReplyDelete