Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day song.

So Valentine's Day is once again upon us. Personally, VD means nothing to me. I'm sure there is some semblance of romantic thoughts and feelings inside of me, but they're buried way down deep, under a writhing, sticky pile of cynicism and half-digested candy.
It would take a pretty special (and congruent to me and my lifestyle) person to pull any genuine romantic affection out of me; such people are mighty thin on the ground 'round these parts.
Most years Valentine's Day is merely a mild irritant. Not this year though, for this time around I couldn't care less.
So to mark the occasion this year I will leave you with a song, which pretty much sums up my thoughts on the day and what it (has come to) stand(s) for.



Let the dead rot
Where they fall
You know sometimes I need a crutch
Just to crawl
So
Loathsome
So loathsome down inside
My heartstrings
They ain't yours to pull
Cops in latex gloves trying
To search my skull
So
Loathsome
So loathsome down inside

I FEEL SO LOATHSOME DOWN INSIDE.

Rancid junk-thought
Elephantitus of the mind
Rancid junk-thought
Elephantitus of the mind
This is my
Escape art
Exhibition
This is my
Escape art
Exhibition
Escape art
Exhibition
Escape art
Exhibition
And I'm never coming back.


♥ Chloé

3 comments:

  1. On this Valentine's Day, unlike most, I stumbled across an object which beautifully symbolized the whole thing and captured its image before it succumbed to entropy mere hours later:
    http://alphatroll.deviantart.com/art/Ribbed-4-Your-Reading-Pleasure-154115281

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ephemeral" is the word that springs to mind when I look at that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VD is purely commercial, like Christmas also managed to become. What a shame.

    As ever, you musical pick is something I would never spontaneously look for, nevertheless, I find it quite cute, hahahaha.

    It would take a pretty special (and congruent to me and my lifestyle) person to pull any genuine romantic affection out of me; such people are mighty thin on the ground 'round these parts.

    Totally seconded.

    ReplyDelete